Major development in hunt for the men behind boy’s horrifying abduction in Somerton Park
Detectives have released a photo of a suspect in the terrifying abduction of a 17-year-old boy in Adelaide’s suburbs last week, as the hunt for those responsible continues.
The boy was “forced” into a car by two men in a car at around 10pm on Thursday as he walked home along the Esplanade in Somerton Park in what police believe was a random attack.
The quick-thinking 17-year-old was able to make a break for it when the car stopped at an intersection and he opened the back door and ran home.
Check out the latest news and stream for free on 7plus >>
On Monday, police shared a composite image of one of the men believed to be involved as they issued a new appeal for information.
The men were described as Caucasian and in their thirties to early forties.
One man was described as being of Caucasian appearance, around 190cm tall, with a large build and a bit of a paunch. He had a full black beard with a large amount of gray in it and wore a dark gray hoodie.
The second suspect is also of Caucasian appearance and is described as slightly younger and shorter than the first man. He has a muscular build and was wearing a white cap and an orange T-shirt.
SA Police have released a composite image of one of the suspects involved in the Somerton Park kidnapping. Credit: SA Police
Kieran Baggoley, chief detective of the SA police, appealed to the public last week to provide assistance as officers continued to hunt the suspects.
Baggoley says the boy heard the voices of two men asking him if he wanted a ride, but he repeatedly turned down the offers.
Then the car stopped and the men got out and forcibly “pushed” the boy in and drove off.
Two other men were in the car and no one spoke to him as they drove through the streets of Glenelg East and Somerton Park for about two minutes before the boy escaped.
He was not restrained or injured while in the car and no threats or demands were made.
The teenager was walking along the Esplanade when two men got out of a car and pushed him inside. Credit: 7NEWS
Baggoley said the incident appeared to be a random attack and none of the men were known to the boy.
“This is not a common incident where you pick up a 17-year-old boy from the street, where you do not ask for anything, where you are not known to that person and where no threats are made,” he said on Friday. .
With the motive of the men involved still a mystery, Baggoley made a desperate appeal directly to the perpetrators.
“We don’t know why you did it,” he said.
“Please contact Christies Beach Police and tell us because at the moment we have a 17-year-old boy who has been grabbed on the side of the road and until we hear an explanation as to why we will continue to deal with this case. as serious as it has been reported.”
Anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious or has CCTV of the abduction or the boy’s escape is asked to contact the police.
Olivia thought she had found the love of her life. Then she was told he had been kidnapped
Five injured, four horses killed in horror accident on Tasmanian highway
If you want to view this content, please adjust your cookie settings.