In A Tragic Incident, Australian Man Dies From Snake Bite In Front Of Wife

In A Tragic Incident, Australian Man Dies From Snake Bite In Front Of Wife

The species of the snake has not been confirmed. (Representative photo)

A man in Australia died from a suspected poisonous snake bite in front of his wife before paramedics could arrive. According to the New Zealand Herald, the man, in his 60s, was bitten on the hand at a private property in Queensland on Saturday. The species of the snake has not been confirmed, but the unnamed man is believed to have died after being bitten by an eastern brown snake.

According to the outlet, the father of the two died at Lockyer Valley, about 50 kilometers from Brisbane. His neighbor Michelle Vedredi said that she received several calls and messages from family and friends after the tragedy.

“They asked if I was okay because the helicopter was and there were four ambulances and police cars,” Ms Vedredi said. “Someone told me they could hear his wife screaming for help through the fence before ambulances got there,” she told Courier Mail.

Also read | American man swallows condom-wrapped banana during ‘hormonal rage’ fit

According to Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers contractor Heather McMurray, Queensland is experiencing a snake season, which started in October and will end in April. “The heat and the humidity definitely bring (snakes) out – the pythons love the humidity and the brown snakes love the hot, dry days,” she said.

Meanwhile, Australian police have prepared a report for the coroner and are not treating the tragic death as suspicious.

In Australia, snakes sometimes slither into suburban backyards and houses. When the weather warms up, they sit in the sun. When it gets hot, people look for cool places, such as a wall crack, under a refrigerator, under a grill or behind an air conditioner. When it gets too hot and dry, they look for places with moisture, as some Australians quickly learn.

A few days back, an Australian man in Hervey Bay, Queensland, also found a huge 4 foot snake in the toilet. snake catcher Katie Airey from Hervey Bay Snake Catchers was called to the scene. Her husband, Drew Godfrey, who is also with Hervey Bay Snake Catchers, said when the man went to use the bathroom and lifted the toilet seat, he found the reptile trapped inside. Fortunately, the snake was a common tree snake, Dendrelaphis punctulata, a species that is harmless to humans and non-venomous.

Featured Video Of The Day

“Shah Rukh Khan is not an actor, he is an emotion” John Abraham

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *