Yellow Sport Non-League Round-Up

Yellow Sport Non-League Round-Up

Vanarama National League

Southend United were beaten 3-1 by Eastleigh, who completed a season double over the Blues, in a bruising encounter that saw referee Greg Rollason brandish eight yellow cards.

After a fan protest against chairman Ron Martin before the game, Southend were outmuscled and outplayed by the Spitfires throughout and in truth it was a very flat and uninspiring performance by the Blues.

Two goalkeeping mistakes by Stoke City loanee Blondy Nna gave Alfie Lloyd goals and JJ McKiernan and Charlie Carter also got the better of Eastleigh. Harry Cardwell scored Southend’s goal. Blues remain in eighth place, one point outside the play-off places.

Courtesy of Southend United Media, highlights from the Blues’ 3-1 defeat at Eastleigh

Ten-man Dagenham & Redbridge were beaten 2-0 at the Chigwell Construction Stadium, with Harry Phipps red carded for bringing down Matt Worthington in the box with just half an hour played.

Former Dagger Jordan Maguire-Drew sent the ensuing spot-kick past Elliot Justham.

A thirty-five-yard wonder strike ten minutes from time by Worthington secured victory for the Glovers to ease their relegation worries. Despite the loss, Daggers remain just inside the play-offs in seventh place.

Courtesy of Dagenham & Redbridge Media Highlights from the Daggers 2-0 defeat to Yeovil Town

Vanarama National League South

Chelmsford City were beaten 1-0 in a scrappy game by Welling United at Melbourne Stadium, with substitute Taylor Maloney scoring their winner from the spot just four minutes into the second half.

Tonbridge Angels and Braintree Town shared the points with a 0-0 draw at Longmead Stadium. An end to end, exciting encounter with good football played by both sides, neither of whom could find a breakthrough.

Despite taking the lead in just the fourth minute through Mo Bettamer, Concord Rangers were beaten 4-1 by Ebbsfleet to remain in the relegation zone in twenty-second place. Rakish Bingham and Dominic Poleon both scored twice for Navy, who are now six points clear at the top of the table.

Battle-in Isthmian League Premier Division

Aveley moved into second place after a 2-1 win at Hornchurch.

Southend United loanee Oli Coker put the Millers in front with a spectacular twenty-five-yard free-kick just before the half-hour mark before Sam Higgins equalized from the penalty spot in the fifth-seventh minute.

Manny Ogunrinde scored with just over twenty minutes remaining and the Aveley defense held firm after that to show off their local rivals on derby day.

Bowers & Pitsea won for the first time in five games when they beat nine-man Potters Bar Town 2-0, sending off goalkeeper Dante Baptiste and Kasim Aidoo. TQ Addy and Antony Papadopoulos both scored for Bowers.

Haringey Borough enjoyed a fine 2-0 win over Hastings United with Georgios Aresti and debutant Ben Allen on target.

Horsham extended their unbeaten run to seven games as they continued their play-off push with a 3-1 win over Billericay Town, with goals from Jack Brivio, Harvey Sparks and Daniel Ajakaiye. Marvin Ekpiteta scored the Blues’ consolation with just seven minutes remaining.

High-flying Bishop’s Stortford raced to a crushing 5-0 win over Kingstonian to move up to fourth – just a point off top spot.

Matthew Johnson, Anthony Church, Ryan Henshaw and David Olufemi (2 pins) scored for the Blues.

Canvey Island secured a dramatic 3-2 win over Herne Bay, in a game that saw three players sent off – Gull’s Elliott Ronto and Bay’s Mason Saunders-Henry & Jordan Perrin.

Bradley Sach and Conor Hubble (from the penalty spot) put Canvey Island 2-0 up before the half-hour mark only for Rory Smith to pull one back for Herne Bay just before the break, with Kymani Thomas equalizing on seventy minutes .

Deep into the break, Jamie Salmon’s volley secured all three points for Canvey and there was still time after the goal for Hubble to miss a second penalty for the Seagulls at the end.

Courtesy of Canvey Island FC Media Bradley Sachfires the Gulls in front against Herne Bay at Park Lane

Relegation-threatened Brightlingsea Regent beat in-form Folkestone Invicta 3-2 at North Road with Zack Littlejohn heading home their winner with just two minutes left on the clock. Jason Richardson put Regent ahead in the forty-third minute, only for the visitors to quickly reply either side of half-time through Ibrahim Olutade and Ira Jackson to take a 2-1 lead.

With Suleyman Zuhdu equalizing on the hour mark, the game settled for a draw before Littlejohn’s late winner clinched the three points for Regent.

Pitching-In Isthmian League North

Despite dominating for most of the game, AFC Sudbury left it late at Grays Athletic with Joshua Stokes opening the scoring in the seventy-ninth minute before Nnamdi Nwachuku made it 2-0 at the break to extend their lead at the top of the table. four points.

Despite Harry Hansom and Greg Halford being sent off, Negeman Hashtag United secured a fine 3-2 away win at Wroxham to remain second in the table. Wroxham went ahead early on through Harry Barker’s long-range effort, only for Max Cornhill to equalize less than sixty seconds later.

Tags took the lead just before the break through Percy Kiangebeni, who then converted his second, this time from the penalty spot, to make it 3-1 just past the hour mark. Despite Ryan Miles fouling out for the Yachtsmen near the end, Hashtag easily held on to take the points.

Heybridge Swifts’ 3-1 win condemned Hullbridge Sports to their fifth straight league defeat to move up to fourth in the table.

Callum Taylor, Ross Wall and Rob Harvey were on target for the visitors, with Sam Elwood scoring Sports’ consolation just before the end.

Peter Taylor’s Maldon & Tiptree won again, a 3-2 win over East Thurrock, to move even further away from the relegation zone. Terrell Egbri, Harry Phillips and Danny Nesbitt were the Jammers scorers with Joe Turpin (own goal) and Brian Moses netting for the Rocks.

Witham Town eased their relegation worries with a 1-0 home win against Bury Town with Jamahl Godward scoring the winner in the sixty-eighth minute.

Despite Tilbury taking the lead after just five minutes through new signing James Ewington, the Dockers slumped to a 3-1 defeat against Felixstowe & Walton at Chadfields, with Zak Brown, George Clarke and Callum Harrison on target for the visitors .

Stowmarket Town kept up their push for a play-off place with a hard-earned 2-1 win at Brentwood Town. Chris Casement gave Stowmarket the lead just after the break with a deflected shot past goalkeeper Melvin Minter. Bryan Ifeanyi equalized in the sixty-sixth minute for Reginald Thompson-Lambe to score the winner for the Old Gold & Blacks just three minutes later.

Gorleston secured a 4-2 away win against Great Wakering Rovers in their bottom-of-the-table clash at Burroughs Park.

The Greens went 2-0 up through Connor Ingram and Ross Glifedder with just twenty-five minutes gone and although Jay Nash pulled one back shortly after the half-hour mark, George Keys and substitute Christy Finch made it 4-1 before Adayato Adedoja scored for Rovers at the end in stoppage time.

Bottom of the table Coggeshall Town won their first game of the season, beating Basildon United 2-1 in a hard fought game in West Street.

Basildon United substitute Callum Fitzer put the Bees ahead in the eighty-third minute only for George Frodsham to equalize just five minutes later. Deep into the break, Josh Asude broke down the right to slide the ball past George Miller to secure the three points for the Seed Growers.

Essex Senior League

Leaders Enfield, with goals from Gavin Cockman and Solomon Ofori, drew 2-2 with Halstead Town – Alfie Cleal and Joe Older netting for the Humbugs.

Tony Martin scored for Redbridge in their 1-0 win over Buckhurst Hill at Oakside.

Athletic Newham defeated FC Clacton 3-0 with goals from Joel Appiah (2) and Will Martin.

White Ensign won 3-2 at Little Oakley, with goals from Kian Bradshaw, Jake Chaplin and Emmanuel Abudior. Jack Sibbons and Harry Mann scored for the Oaks.

Southend Manor lost 3-0 to Stanway Rovers, for whom James Crissell, Max Sherlock and Jack Clamplin were the scorers.

Charlie Cole (2) and George Powell were on target in Saffron Walden’s 3-1 win at Takeley, with the hosts’ goal coming from Jack Martin.

Billy Coyne scored the winner for Stansted in their 1-0 win over Sawbridgeworth Town.

Ilford v West Essex and Clapton v Barking, both ended in 0-0 draws.

In the Friday night game, goals from Alejandro Machado and Jaedon Phillips saw Woodford Town to a 2-0 win over Romford.

Essex Olympic League

Second-placed Rayleigh Town thrashed Bishop’s Stortford Swifts 8-0 at Concord Rangers with both Jack Long and George Vile both hitting hat-tricks. William Vile and substitute Lewis Robson were also on target for Town.

Table-toppers Hutton recorded an impressive 5-1 win at Galleywood with Matthew Price (2), Connor Hammond, Luke Ricketts and Joshua Seal scoring. Ronnie Edwards made it to Galleywood.

Catholic United secured a 2-1 away win at Canning Town, with Joe O’Kane and Louie Hay their scorers.

Toby defeated Leigh Ramblers 2-0 at the Nursery Sports Ground with Sonny Leeks scoring both of their goals.

Runwell Sports won 4-2 at Sungate with James Dalton (2) Owen Barrett and Gianni Frankis being their goalscorers.

Ben Absolon, Ben Carroll and Jack Maleary were all on target for Shenfield Association in their 3-0 win at Springfield.

Old Southendian recorded a resounding 5-1 win over Kelvedon Hatch at Garon Park. Callum Ludlaim claimed the match ball for the home side, while substitute Joseph Newson grabbed a consolation goal for the visitors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *